In case you don’t know The Fault in Our Stars is one of my all time favourite books and I am a huge fan of the author, John Green. I read the book in a day and spent the next three crying over the beautiful character that is Augustus Waters. The book hurt so much I mean hitting me in the face with the book would hurt less than the plot!
This sums up my thoughts of the book perfectly
For those of you who don’t know the book is about two teenagers who have cancer but it doesn’t focus on the cancer. Yes these teenagers have cancer and it’s a part of the book but the book also focuses on them being normal teenagers and falling in love. The book is beautiful so if you haven’t read it yet or were waiting until you’ve seen the film I suggest you go read it now. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
The film came out in America today and I envy anyone and everyone who has already seen the film. It’s not out in the UK until the 19th which is still a little while away. I just want to cry into a bucket of popcorn and watch the film. To pass the time until the day arrives where I can see this fabulous film I’ve decided to list 10 of my favourite quotes from the book. They’re in no particular order but these are the ones I really love!
- “I fell in love like the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once.”
- “I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.”
- “My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.”
- “Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
- “I fear oblivion,” he said without a moment’s pause. “I fear it like the proverbial blind man who’s afraid of the dark.”
- “I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labour has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
- “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you.”
- “You gave me forever within a number of days and I am so grateful.”
- “There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything.”
- “That’s the things about pain, it demands to be felt.”
These are only a few of my favourite quotes. The book has so many amazing quote that it was hard to choose only ten. I can’t wait to see these quotes play out on the big screen. I have a box of tissues ready and if it’s anything like the book I’ll be a mess for 3 days after the film! If you’re seeing the film this weekend I hope you enjoy it even though I’ll be sitting home very jealous of you! 🙂