I logged onto my blog after a busy day to find a lovely surprise. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by the wonderful smalltowncitygirls. For those of you who aren’t sure what this award is it’s basically an award for new bloggers who are nominated by other bloggers who love books. It’s a fantastic way to find some new bloggers and some new book blogs to follow. I know I followed a few because of Cora 🙂
I have a huge smile on my face so I want to think smalltowncitygirls for nominating me again, it’s such a lovely thing to do. You should check out her blog here and see who she nominated for the liebster award here
- Link and thank the person who nominated your blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
- Ask them eleven questions.
- Let them know by commenting on one of their posts.
These are the question that I was asked to answer:
- When did you first realize that you loved reading? – I don’t actually know I’ve always loved reading. I have memories of reading as a child but I’d say I really got into it when I was about 16.
- Have you ever read a book that made you so distraught that you couldn’t even think about reading again for a while? If so what is it? – Of course, everyone has a book that’s destroyed them right? The first two the pop into my head are Allegiant by Veronica Roth and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Both are excellent books written by fantastic authors.
- Favourite genre to read? – Probably Young Adult, I think that’s my main one.
- What book have you read the most? – The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- Favourite character in a book that was no the main character? – Annie Cresta from Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games. I just think so much could have been done with her character. I found her interesting especially her relationship with Finnick and how the games had changed her.
- A book that made you laugh? – The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare is the first to spring to mind. Anything that Simon says is usually hilarious.
- Do you prefer reading a book or reading an e-book? – I prefer a book I like holding the book while I read, plus some book covers are just so pretty that I think you have to have the book version.
- The author you would most like to meet and why? – Probably John Green, I love his Vlogbrothers channel on youtube and I love the way he writes and his style. I love how he can make me laugh and cry. Plus, he covered his face in sharpie and peanut butter who doesn’t want to meet him?
- What is your favourite pet from a book? – The only pets coming to mind are Church from The Mortal Instruments and Buttercup from The Hunger Games. I don’t think I’ve ever had a favourite pet in a book. Oh wait, Marley from Marley and Me. I love that crazy dog!
- Name a book that you have read because you watched the movie or tv show? – Under the Dome by Stephan King. Okay, so I actually haven’t read this one yet but I’m a huge fan of the TV show so I have the book to read which should be on the list pretty soon.
Below you can find the blogs I’d like to nominate for the award. I love all of these blogs so make sure you check them out. They’re pretty fantastic!
- Emily Books – http://emilybooks.wordpress.com/
- Sorry Television – http://sorrytelevision.wordpress.com/
- A Doodler’s Freedom – http://onlyanartistsway.wordpress.com/
- A year of reading the world – http://ayearofreadingtheworld.com/
- Rainbow Cakes and Rocky Road – http://rainbowcakesandrockyroad.wordpress.com
- C. Miller – http://cnmill.wordpress.com/
Here are the questions for those of you I nominated. Have fun answering them I cannot wait to read your answers.
- What was your favourite childhood book?
- Do you have a fictional character that you can relate to or see yourself in?
- What was the last book you read that made you cry?
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- What book have you read and wished you could change the way it ended?
- You’re shipwrecked on an island and can only have one book series there with you, what do you choose?
- You’re locked in a room with your favourite author, what’s the first thing you ask them?
- If you could enter any fictional universe to spend the day in where would you go?
- Out of every book you have every read who are you favourite couple and why?