I don’t normally post anything on a Saturday but I found this over on EpicReads and just had to get involved. It’s actually a lot of fun trying to figure out which you’d rather do. I’ve decided to tag some of my favourite book bloggers to get involved because I want to see your answers. Tag you’re it: | smalltownbookworm | thewritinghufflepuff | theramblingsofaliteraturenerd | liamslibrary | manyreads | analeeluvsbooks | leannaatc | byhookorbybook | deliriousdreams |
1) Would you rather… Drop your favourite book into the toilet OR watch it fall into a wood chipper?
Probably the toilet because the book wouldn’t technically be gone forever it’s just be really soggy and disgusting. I’d still have a fully, yet hard to read copy. If I threw it in a wood chipper it would be in pieces.
2) Would you rather… Read only 1 book a year but remember everything OR read 100 books a year but remember nothing?
I’d rather read 1 book and remember everything. If I end up loving the book and it becomes my favourite then I’d rather remember everything about it than nothing at all.
3) Would you rather… Read only the first page of a book OR read only the last page of a book?
I’d rather read the first page because imagine if you picked up a book that ended in a cliffhanger – unbearable!
4) Would you rather get locked in a library OR get locked in a bookstore?
Probably a bookstore because that way I could sneak into the coffee shop upstairs (that’s in my local Waterstones) and sneak some tea and treats while I’m reading. Although if it did happen I’d probably spend hours trying to decide what to read – I am so indecisive.
5) Would you rather… Drop your book in a lake OR accidentally set it on fire?
Similarly with the toilet one I’d pick the lake. I could still get a soggy copy of the book back. If I set it on fire it’d just be ruined completely.
6) Would you rather… Read a book with a cliffhanger ending OR read a book with a heartbreaking ending?
Probably a heartbreaking ending because it is torture reading a series that ends on a cliffhanger and having to wait however long for the next book and waiting for all these questions to be answered. Especially when no one else understands it because they haven’t yet read the book.
7) Would you rather… Have the book’s ending spoiled OR never know what happens?
Surely it’s probably better to find out what happens than to never find out at all? I am for too nosey to never find out what happens. I need ALL answers!
8) Would you rather… read only one genre forever OR never repeat the same genre after reading it once?
I’d rather stick to the same genre. I mean you can find golden copies of books in the same genre a lot. Imagine only being allowed to read one and missing out on the other possible great finds. Also it becomes problematic when you’ve read a series.
9) Would you rather… Read a book where the main character is killed off OR read a book where the love interest is killed off?
I’ve unfortunately been in both situations and I am not sure which one hurts more. Going from personal experience I’d probably go with the love interest. I am still not over the ending of the you-know-what book!
10) Would you rather… Read a book that’s missing the middle chapter OR read a book that’s missing the first and last chapters?
The middle because at least that way I could fill in the missing parts as best I could. With losing the ending you’d just have a lot of unanswered questions and that’s never fun!
11) Would you rather… love a book everyone hates OR hate a book everyone loves
Love a book everyone hates. Hating a book everyone loves makes them look at you weird as they try to figure out what possible reason you could have for hating a pretty amazing book!
12) Would you rather… loan a book to a friend who’s known to ruin books OR drop a book in a pit of snakes?
As much as snakes creep me out I’d go for the snake pit – I could get it back in a pretty good condition, maybe.
13) Would you rather…. Be stuck on a deserted island without a book OR be stuck in a library full of books in a language you can’t read
There’s something comforting about being surrounded by a ton of books – even if you don’t understand them.
14) Would you rather… Bring only 1 book on a 12 hour flight OR bring an e-reader with only 10% left on a 4 hour flight?
1 book because chances are I’d be doing other things on the flight than just reading (however when I go on a fight I always take an extra book just in case) Imagine being half-way through an amazing book and the battery dies at the good part – torture!
15) Would you rather… Find out your best friend hates your favourite book OR share a favourite book with your worst enemy?
If share it as in like have it in common then I’d go with worst enemy. If share means having to share a physically copy of the book with them then I’d rather my best friend hated my favourite book.