This weekend I have vowed to go on a negativity fast. I will be the first person to admit that I love a good moan, most people do. I could moan about everything and anything. I moan about how much work I have to do, how messy my room is, how disappointed I am with what we’re having for dinner. This weekend this won’t be happening.
I do think it’s important to focus on positive things more than the negatives. However, when you’re going through a bad time sometimes you do focus more on the negatives. This is something I’d like to change. I want to look back and remember all the good things that happened in my day rather than all the awful things. I’m hoping this weekend can be the start of this.
I had quite a bad day today so I’ve decided to start a little early and state some of the good things that happened today:
- I spent the whole day at university and managed to get a lot of work done. Although I’m not 100% on everything I did manage to learn the majority of the maths which I’m happy about.
- I had a brownie today and it was one of the best things ever.
- I had a good night at work and managed to move the stands around and organise the department before a busy day tomorrow.
- I’m snuggled up on the couch catching up on some of my TV shows and Jack is beside me snoring away.
- When I came home tonight Jack was happy to see me